Monday 22 December 2014

Book Advent Calendar day 22: I am sick

My cold has worsened.  I had to step out for last-minute things ** even with my cold because we have a storm coming in over night.  Freezing rain, snow, rain.  Who knows?  So I dashed out, and now I know I probably shouldn't have.  I'm shivering and huddled under blankets, about to have ginger and honey tea, watching the Dr Who Marathon that is running on our Space channel all week until Christmas night, when the new special airs.  My husband is also sick with this cold, while our children are recovering now.  Let's hope it's done with by the 25th.  *achoo* No reading, my head is all stuffed.  The Dr Who marathon was showing Season 4 with Donna today.  We have had fun picking out references in the early episodes that happened later on in the season or even later on in the show with other doctors.  Such a well-written show!  And perfect when I need to be entertained and cuddle with my kids at the same time.

** I confess:  I had no cranberries, no sausages, no bread, and no birthday cake for my daughter's birthday on Wednesday.  So I had to go out.  What's turkey without stuffing???? or cranberries??? lol  And the birthday cake!!!  We had put it off all weekend by staying in, hoping this would help our colds disappear faster.  My husband ended staying home from work today. We both were worse this morning. He's improving, or seems to be.  Fingers crossed for me.....


6 comments:

Belle Wong said...

Hope you feel better soon, Susan! Enjoy the Doctor Who marathon!

Janet said...

I hope you feel better soon, too. There isn't anything worse than being down for the holidays. Relax and read.

Literary Feline said...

I do hope you are feeling better soon, Susan. :-(

Nan said...

I'm hoping you'll feel better in every way very soon!

Susan said...

Belle: thank you so much! I did enjoy the marathon, it got me through all the birthday and Christmas dinner preparations! Did you watch it?

Janet: I am feeling better now. Rest, sleep, and eventually I was able to read in the past few days. thanks!

Literary Feline: I do!! The cold is going! :-) thanks *hug*

Nan: I do feel so much better today, Nan, thanks so very much. Happier that I can read a little more now, too :-)

David James said...

Apna Showroom Men's and Women's Metal Hair Bands (Black) Combo set of 5
Apna Showroom Kid's Cotton Fancy Decent Look Loafer Socks Combo Set (2-7 Years) - Pack of 6 Pair
ApnaShowroom Men's Women's Metal Hair Bands Black Combo set of 5 hairband Unisex
APNA SHOWROOM Baby Girl's Frock Knee Length Dress 18-24 months
Apna Showroom Men's and Women's Metal Hair Bands (Black) Combo set of 5
Apna Showroom Baby Girls' & Baby Boys' Cotton Panties
Apna Showroom Unisex Baby's Cotton Panties/Underwear for 0-6-3 newborn baby panty