Monday 24 March 2008

I'm Love in the Time of Cholera!

When I last did this quiz, I was Lolita. Now, I'm not sure I've progressed:




You're Love in the Time of Cholera!

by Gabriel Garcia Marquez

Like Odysseus in a work of Homer, you demonstrate undying loyalty by
sleeping with as many people as you possibly can. But in your heart you never give
consent! This creates a strange quandary of what love really means to you. On the
one hand, you've loved the same person your whole life, but on the other, your actions
barely speak to this fact. Whatever you do, stick to bottled water. The other stuff
could get you killed.



Take the Book Quiz
at the Blue Pyramid.



Not sure what is going on that I would be those two books! why oh why can't I get Anne of Green Gables like Charlotte , where she posted her results (excellent and very funny blog too, I might add). I haven't even read either of my books! *sigh* looks like I might have to now. Maybe I should pick I prefer a 'cold' climate next time! Rereading this, it sounds even worse - Odysseus! when it's Penelope I always felt more respect and wonder for! then again, I do like an adventure.....but maybe as I settle down into owning a house and raising my second family, I find I still need my time alone. There is a part of my nature that I keep for myself, but I always thought of this as my writer self, my secret self. I don't know how to explain this part of my self except to say I have learned I need some solitude, some time apart to keep my center whole. Out of this space I write, I dream, I experience the natural world, which I find beautiful and sometimes terrifying. Does that sound like Love in the Time of Cholera? Darn, now I really have to go read it! Life is fabulous, both dreary and magical.......anyway, go to the Book Quiz
at Blue Pyramid and try the test, and drop me a line or let me know what book you are.

3 comments:

Suey said...

It says I'm Huckleberry Finn.... which is... okay... I guess. Most of the time I take these quizzes and the results just make me say, "whatever." They make no sense!

chrisa511 said...

That sounds very Love in the Time of Cholera :) It's one of my favorite books actually so I think that it's very cool that you got that! Last time I did that quiz I got Watership Down which is a very cool book, but not really sure how one "is" Watership Down. I had a strange relationship with Love in the Time of Cholera. I didn't know what to think of it when I first read it, but I knew that I had something magical in my hands...not magical in a fantasy sense at all, but magical in that books are rarely written that are that special. But as the days went on I fell more and more in love with it and now I still vividly think about that book a year after reading it. Definitely give it a go!

Susan said...

Thanks to both of you for your comments! I found myself thinking of this quiz all through the day today. I love that you are Watership Down, Chris!! A book I really liked growing up (except for the rabbits that die of course). NOt sure how anyone is Watership Down - soft and cuddly, but aware of the world and willing to take risks? Something like that maybe.....I'll give Love in the Time of Cholera a go, I should have read it a long time ago anyway!
Suey: Huckleberry Finn is ok!! Better than being Lolita!! :-) I know, I'm not sure how this quiz works, either.