Thursday 27 March 2008

a hilarious post (not mine, someone else's)

I hurt my back earlier this week, lifting of all things - I am ashamed here and hanging my head guiltily - my little secret is out - lifting Vogue magazine from the counter! Yes, I lifted my bag with the newly-bought magazine and felt a twinge in my lower back....by the end of the day I could barely move. So I've been on Advil for the past two days....thus deep thoughts are not the order of the day. So, in lieu of thinking of anything witty, I am sending you to this hilarious blog at Musings from the Sofa

And why is it worth going to see? the subject heading is 'different kinds of reading', and the subheaders are: the hangover read, the guilt read, comfort reading, the next fix read, the duty read, and the emergency read.

And it is hilarious!!! Go and take a look, and then drop me a line. I left a comment there with my thoughts, since I'm not feeling witty enough to blog about it tonight. This evening is about finding a comfortable way to sit and watch tv - our beloved Ottawa Senators are playing Buffalo tonight, no Lost - on break again - so Veronica Mars Season 3, and then Eli Stone, a new Canadian show starring a British actor as a lawyer who sees things - no, not in a "Medium" kind of way, but in a crazy, funny, singing George Michael and other people kind of way (as only Canadians can do! Sometimes our shows are so ridiculous they work!!!). The Advil is working (no pain) but I can't concentrate for long periods of time enough to read more than a page or two (Advil high, I'm sensitive to medication and Advil is so relaxing I laugh alot!!), and then I realize I don't remember what I've read....so TV it is. You should have seen me at work today, I had to keep checking my work because I couldn't remember if I'd done it!!!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

Thanks for the kind words, Susan!
And wait - Veronica Mars season 3? I didn't think that got made. Really?
Hope your back is better. I once trapped a nerve in my lower back by stretching. Ridiculous. Heat and ice will probably help.

Rebecca said...

Ignore that VM comment. I'm thinking of season 4. Sigh.

heather (errantdreams) said...

Heeee! Thanks for passing on the link!

Susan said...

Becky: I know what you mean. I watch VM every night or two,....I just found the soundtrack,too! and I still read the "Television Without Pity" comments on all three seasons as I watch the episodes, I'm so desperate for someone to talk to about the show!! I keep imagining that some Network executive will either a) give us a movie (that starts a franchise!! many movies!) or b) we get one more season or special episodes....I really want to know more about the White Castle and Veronica and Logan and how does Keith get out of going to jail? And everyone...*sigh* Uh-oh, signs of a fanatic, I'm rambling on here too! something new in the VM world, please!
And my back is feeling better today, hurrah! Thanks!

Heather: You're welcome! Hee is right!