Tuesday 22 January 2008

Meme - My House

MEME: My House


kookie did it, then chris, then raidergirl3..
http://raidergirl3-anadventureinreading.blogspot.com/2008/01/meme-my-house.html
Now I'm doing it.......go ahead, it's fun! we can always compare dust bunnies sizes.....

What kind of soap is in your shower right now? Ivory (Graham has eczema)

Do you have any watermelon in your refrigerator? in the winter?

What would you change about your living room? Buy some more book shelves! Books are piled on the floor (no room in the shelves), organize the kids' toys, and get a gas fireplace. Oh, and a sectional sofa set so there is room for all of us to sit!!

Are the dishes in your dishwasher clean or dirty? Clean

What is in your fridge? leftover roast chicken, leftover sausages, leftover tacos, milk, cream, apple juice, chocolate milk, yogurt, vegetables, baking soda (for smells)

White or wheat bread? whole wheat

What is on top of your refrigerator? binoculars, watering can, two baskets - one filled with flashlight, thermometer, odds and ends, the other filled with all kinds of batteries for the multitude of toys we have that require them and for our digital camera

What color or design is on your shower curtain? I have two - a clear one, and a striped one that is multicoloured - pink, green, white, orange, blue, red

How many plants are in your home? 6 spider plants, 1 ivy, 1 philodendron, 3 spiky kind

Is your bed made right now? why would I make it when I'm just going to get back in it tonight?

Comet or Soft Scrub? Neither. We have an enviromentally-friendly home, so Ecover does it for us (available at our neighborhood organic food health store)

Is your closet organized? to me. It might not look like it to someone else.

Can you describe your flashlight? Big! so we can find it and see our way to find the candles

Do you drink out of glass or plastic most of the time at home? Glass, but I have a collection of plastic/deck glasses that I use sometimes, and the kids definitely use plastic

Do you have iced tea made in a pitcher right now? hahaha in the winter?

If you have a garage, is it cluttered? No garage, but I bet it would be cluttered, if my basement is any indication!

Curtains or blinds? Curtains

How many pillows do you sleep with? one curved one for my back, which I hate, but keeps my back from hating. Now if only I could do something about the leg cramps and thigh ache....

Do you sleep with any lights on at night? No!! I hate light when I'm sleeping (my husband doesn't care)

How often do you vacuum? not often enough

Standard toothbrush or electric? standard

What color is your toothbrush? white with purple sides

Do you have a welcome mat on your front porch? I have 2 mats inside to catch the snow and mud.

What is in your oven right now? Nothing. It's 11 pm.

Is there anything under your bed? probably some kids toys, and a multitude of dust bunnies, and probably some English money from when Holly-Anne was playing with her purses

Chore you hate doing the most? housework!!

What retro items are in your home? china, some of which are 1970's, a tablecloth from teh 1970's, this desk the computer sits on.....

Do you have a separate room that you use as an office? The kids are young enough to always need someone there, so the computer sits in the corner of the living room. I have my own room upstairs, with more books and a small table for writing, but as we don't have a third computer yet I don't use it as an office yet. Someday....

How many mirrors are in your home? 5

What color are your walls? yellow - kitchen; buttercup yellow downstairs hallway; cream - light beige everywhere else.

What does your home smell like right now? leftover tacos?

Favorite candle scent? no particular favorite. vanilla maybe?

What kind of pickles (if any) are in your refrigerator right now? garlic baby dills

What color is your favorite Bible? no favorite

Ever been on your roof? No

Do you own a stereo? Yes, 2. One is in the living room, one is in the basement.

How many TVs do you have? 3 - one for watching up stairs, one down for video games and the loser of the toss when hockey is on (or soccer from England), or when the kids want to watch different movies at the same time, and a smaller one in the kitchen/dining room corner that I have on to watch while I cook, or when we want different things on while we're on the main floor (usually because kids are watching a video on the main tv in the living room)

How many house phones? 2 landlines. No cell phones!

Do you have a housekeeper? nope

What style do you decorate in? Style! Unfortunately none yet....mish mash of bought items and things given to us. English style in the kitchen with some china displayed on the walls

Do you like solid colors or prints in furniture? both, a nice mix

Is there a smoke detector in your home? Three

In case of fire, what are the items in your house which you’d grab if you only could make one quick trip?
photo albums, my Goddess figurines, my writing, the computer, my tarot cards

There you have it.

No comments: