Wednesday 30 January 2008

dentist

I haven't written much lately because I have a visit to the DENTIST tomorrow.....with luck, my new front tooth will be implanted. If all goes well. If my bone healed from the graft. And I get sedated..... BUT, if there was no healing of my bone, then I will wake up and have to go through getting a bridge made. So, since dentist = pain in my world, I have been steeling my nerves for this visit and so haven't been on the computer much. And, no, nothing exciting happened - my youngest son threw his head back almost 2 years ago and hit my dead front tooth, and knocked it lose. when they found yet another infection - at least the 4 th one in that tooth - and that the roots were cracked, it was decided it had to come out. Of course, the story of how I crashed my bike when I was 8 and knocked part of my front teeth off so I have caps on them, is a much more interesting story! But that's why the tooth eventually died.
There is a book meme from last Thursday that I want to do, and Short story Monday to catch up on, and some links to other blogs that have fascinating blogs - check out biblio addict's blog on RADD (Reader's Attention Deficit Disorder) and So Many Books blog on how you can learn from fiction as well as non-fiction (from an article she read). Fun and interesting reading. I will write more tomorrow when the sedation wears off and I stop drooling.
In the meantime, fingers crossed all goes well and happy reading! I'm almost done Widdershins....

2 comments:

Patricia said...

Oooooo! Good luck at the dentist; which is probably where you are as I write this. I still remember when you came home, all those years ago, after crashing your bike. Strangers brought you home and your face was covered with a towel.... I hope everything healed so you can have that ~ gulp ~ implant. Love, sis

Anonymous said...

Many thousand sympathies. I spent Tuesday at the dentist only to be told he didn't think it was a tooth problem but a nerve problem that would require surgery. I wish he'd decided that before he'd spent an hour poking. I will be thinking of you.