Monday 15 December 2014

Book Christmas Advent Calendar Day 12, 13 &14 : some reading time

After a bad bout of anxiety, I am back here to give my advent calendar for Friday, Saturday and today. I wasn't able to settle down enough to write until today.

  I will be writing posts during the coming week, several are planned.  However it is late and I have been stolen away by both Downton Abbey (catching up on Season 3 now, it is addictive) and I'm reading.  Slowly, but I am 100 pages into a science fiction book:  In Conquest Born by C.S. Friedman.  This is progress of the best kind for me, in terms of being able to have longer periods of concentration.  So, shhhh, here are some pictures of reading I grabbed from online.  I hope you have all had some time to read this weekend in between getting ready for the holidays.  That is my wish for us all, that we all find time to read in the coming holidays.  Happy Book Advent Calendar for this weekend, Gentle readers.

                                             







3 comments:

Ana S. said...

I'm sorry to hear about the anxiety :( *hugs* Those pictures look so wonderfully cosy.

Cath said...

Gorgeous pics. I always find pics of book shelves or nooks where people sit and read so relaxing. I hope you're feeling a bit better today. And well done on the reading!

Susan said...

Ana: thank you so much :-) for the hugs. I love pictures of books and chairs and fireplaces. I think that is my dream place, any corner like that!

Cath: Yes, I love pictures of reading nooks so cosy, especially with fireplaces near! My dream home includes a fireplace, which our current home doesn't have (sadly). I keep hoping we'll get one though every year something else comes up. So I'm glad the pictures are pleasurable for you too :-)

I do feel a bit better today. And thanks, I'm happy to be able to read a little bit more now too!