Wednesday 1 October 2008

HAPPY BLOGGING BIRTHDAY TO ME!!!


Yaaay!! I'm one years old today!!

Last year, I set out with trepidation - really, my heart was pounding, I was almost sweating, would anyone answer me? Would anyone read what I had to say, would anyone care? Was anyone out there?

Well, I got my answer, and I have been blessed this past year, with all of YOU, dear Gentle readers. My blog overflows with your comments and witticisms and wonderful humor and shared love of books. I really had no idea who was out there, what kind of book readers and blogs were available. I couldn't have asked for a better blogging community to share. Some of you are becoming friends. We have shared books, thoughts, memes, jokes, laughter, tears, I've won two giveaways (thank you Carl and Kim L!), I've participated in many interesting challenges, and most of all, I've discovered the love of books really does cross water, culture, language, and we do end up speaking the same language - the love of books.

So I share some yummy cake with you - Nigella Lawson's Chocolate Cloud cake, which is as dark chocolate and delicious with real whipped cream as it looks (and I know, I made it in the spring!) - here, sit down, have a piece, here's a cup of tea (I have several, even herbal), let's eat and talk about our favourite books of all time, and share some thoughts on autumn and good ghost stories....let's talk about books.

15 comments:

Eva said...

Happy blogiversary! I'm so glad you're in the blogosphere. :)

raidergirl3 said...

Yeah for you:) Here's to another great year.

The cake was yummy, thanks!

Kim L said...

Yummy! Save me a piece of your cake! And happy happy blogiversary to you!

Heather J. @ TLC Book Tours said...

Happy blogoversary to you!
Happy blogoversary to you!
Happy blogoversary dear Susan ...
Happy blogoversary to you!

I'll make myself a cup of plain old Irish tea (none of that herbal stuff for me!) and toast you all the way from Maryland on this wonderful day. :)

Jeane said...

I love chocolate. That cake looks scrumptious. Happy blogging birthday! May the joys of reading continue for many years.

Becky said...

Happy blogiversary! I've loved reading your blog :)

chrisa511 said...

Happy blogiversary indeed!! I'm so glad that you decided to start blogging and hope that you never stop :) P.S...send me a piece of that cake ;)

J.S. Peyton said...

Awww!! I missed your birthday! Happy birthday!!!!!!

You're a great blogger and I'm really happy you joined the community!

Now you've made hungry for some cake and tea. Yumm...

Bybee said...

Happy birthday to your blog and your birth as a blogger! That cake is brilliant...

Ana S. said...

Happy blogiversary, dear Susan! May you stay around for many, many more :)

DesLily said...

happy blogversary! Enjoy year 2 even more than year one! (if possible lol)

Michelle Fluttering Butterflies said...

That looks delicious! Happy blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Happy anniversary, I can't believe we've only known each other for a year. I can't remember life without you.

? said...

Right on! I feel somehow connected to this cake :)

Susan said...

eva: thank you! I am too, very happy to be here :-)

raidergirl3: I'm so glad you liked the cake. It is so delicious! :-) here, have another piece, won't you?

kim l: one slice is put aside just for you, kim dear!

heather j: thank you for singing to me! and we have a constant stock of Irish tea here, my husband loves Brewleys (Bewley's? the one in the yellow box). I like Irish Breakfast myself.....

jeane: it is scrumptious. and chocolate and reading go together, don't they? actually I consider chocolate one of the four food groups! Books and chocolate, necessary for life :-) I'm happy you're in this group too!

becky: thank you so much. I love your challenges! I can hardly wait for the 42 challenge to start! and I am amazed at all the books you do get read in a year.

chris: one piece of cake on the way just for you, dear Chris! I hope you never stop blogging either, because you've become an essential part of my world :-)

js peyton: there's still some cake left, here, have a piece :-)
and thank you so much, I love your blog too

bybee: Book-twin! come on in :-) I've saved a seat just for you, and so glad you love the cake!!

nymeth: I certainly plan on being here for a long time! Like Chris, you're part of my world now, essential like the books we love :-)

deslily: thank you! now that I have a little idea of what I'm doing, I hope to make my blog more interesting (if blogger ever lets me make changes....) I have so many plans to add pictures and things to it, I love what you've done with yours and I love how we have so many books in common!

michelle: here, have another slice, won't you? I hope you're having as much fun blogging too!

table talk: I feel the same way, Ann. Blogging reminds me of how people used to get to know one another through letters, back before there was Internet and computers! In this year, I have met so many wonderful book loving people, that I feel as if my life is bigger and much more enriched now. You are such a big part of that, you bring a civilized, thoughtful approach to reading that makes me wish we could get together every week and read over the Guardian and every other book journal together! over cups of tea of course :-)

red eyes: that cake is exceptional, isn't it? and it is almost pure chocolate, so it is heavenly!

to everyone: thank you all, for coming to my birthday party!