Saturday 30 August 2008

Book Meme

Hurray! J.S.Peyton tagged me at Biblioaddict for this meme. It's short and sweet and very fun:

I am going to list three categories of books. 3 MUST Read Books, 3 Keep Your Eyes on These, and 3 Look For These Soon. Keeping with the theme, I am going to tag at least 3 bloggers. They should put these same lists on their blog but SUBTRACT one book from each list and ADD one of their own. Then they should tag at least 3 more bloggers. It will be fun to see how the lists change as they go around the blogosphere. Please come back to this post and leave a comment so I can see how the lists are changing. Since this is Book Buzz…please keep your lists to titles released in 2007-2009.

Amy at My Friend Amy came up with this idea, so please go to her site after and leave your comments. Here are my selections:

[Stars are next to my additions]

3 MUST Read Books:
When We Were Romans by Matthew Kneale
The Book of Lost Things by John Connolly
*Tin-Roof Blow-down - James Lee Burke

3 Keep Your Eyes on These (note: I’m not really sure I understand what this means but…):
A Place Called Canterbury - Dudley Clendinen
* Friend of the Devil - Peter Robinson
Netherlands: A Novel by Joseph O’Neill


3 Look For These Soon:
* Private Patient - P.D. James
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
What Happened to Anna K. by Irina Reyna

I have to confess I only know Tin-Roof Blowdown is a must-read because my mother said it was fantastic and bought it for me for Christmas, so I've had to restrain myself from reading it before now (and I really really want to!!)

I'm going to tag
Nymeth at Things Mean Alot
Bybee at Naked Without Books
Ann at Table Talk
Carl at Stainless Steel Droppings
Rhinoa at Rhinoa's Ramblings
Stefanie at So Many Books

I am very curious to see what they choose!!

4 comments:

Gentle Reader said...

I did this one, too. Fun! I think I'll go over to the site and look at all the lists :)

Ana S. said...

Thanks for the tag :) I was actually tagged for this one sometime ago, but I've been putting it off...now that I'm back, though, there's no excuse!

Unknown said...

I will do this one on Monday. Perfect for a lazy holiday day :)

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the tag, I will get around to this soon. I'm not sure about the keep your eyes on this part either if it helps!