Saturday 26 December 2009

Secret Santa Thank You and reading time



THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! SECRET SANTA, THANK YOU!

My Secret Santa parcel arrived on Dec 23rd, just when I was wondering if something had happened. I was so excited! Above you can see what my dear Secret Santa sent me:
- The Faerie Queen's Deception: Lament by Maggie Stiefvater (I haven't heard of this author and the book looks very interesting), and:
- my heart is so happy! FINALLY: a copy of Looking For Alaska by John Green, which I've been looking for, for a year now!!!! I am so thrilled!
- Two big lollipops (my kids are delighted!) and
- last but not least, a pair of beautiful red bead earrings shaped like a glowing drop, with silver leaf filigree around the top. Perfect!
I couldn't fit the card into the photo, but there is one, with her name and address. So thank you so very much, Vanessa of Today's Adventure.

This is a new blog for me also, and I'm bookmarking it. I love the photos of her angels, though I think my darlings are a little cuter!!! lol
I am so happy I received books for Christmas. Thank you, Vanessa! Best of all, it did arrive before Christmas, so Vanessa, Canada Post worked again!!!

Thank you, Secret Santa. Thank you also to the organizers of this exchange. I had so much fun picking out what my giftee was going to get - and she is another new to me blogger; and I had just as much fun receiving my mystery parcel.

So, I'm full of turkey still, and we are in the middle of another ice storm. We have candles ready, and enough food to feed a (small) army, so I'm going to go do what I need to do to rest (finally) over these holidays: read. I'll post later about how good Santa was to me this year. Right now I'm taking my first chance to just sit with the books I received, hold them, flip through them, and pick which one to read first. The most precious gift of all to me is time to read. So that's what I wish for all of you this ice-rain falling day after Christmas.

Happy holiday reading, Gentle Readers!!

8 comments:

Molly said...

What a marvelous Secret Santa gift for you!

I hope you and your family had a wonderful holiday celebration - and I look forward to reading your post later this week.

Stay warm - and enjoy those great books!

Emily Barton said...

What fun! I didn't know about this Secret Santa thing, but I'll have to keep it in mind for next year. Terrific gifts. Can't wait to hear what you think of the books.

Daphne said...

What fun! And lovely gifts! I might participate in this next year. Fun stuff.

Kailana said...

Enjoy your books! I have Lament out from the library and really need to find time to read it!

Literary Feline said...

Oo! How exciting! Just in time for Christmas. :-) I hope you have a good week, Susan.

chrisa511 said...

What a great gift :D I'm excited for you that you got Looking for Alaska!! It's one of my fav YA books. I know you'll enjoy it! Hope you had a wonderful Christmas Susan!

Susan said...

Molly: It was a marvelous gift. We have had a good Christmas, I hope you have too. I haven't had time to go on the blogs much, this holiday! Stay warm too - hope the snow/blizzards haven't been too bad for you either.

Emily: The Secret Santa thing was hosted by several bloggers this year. It was fun! I hope you join next year.
It seems I owe you a letter still.......I think I've written at least 5 to you, in my head!!! lol

Daphne: I hope you participate! It was fun, and you can spoil the giftee so much :-D

Kailana: Lament looks good, doesn't it?

LIterary Feline: I hope you had a good Christmas too! I have to come visit everyone's blogs and see how their holidays are going and who has what new books to read!! lol

Chris: You are the reason I wanted to read this book! lol bad blogger points to you.... :-P
Thank you for your card, it was lovely, and there's something coming for you. Happy Christmas to you too!!!

**(note to self: must be better at correspondence next year.....)**

Vanessa said...

I'm so happy you enjoyed your gift, Susan!

Canada post worked a bit of a miracle, since I was EXTREMELY late sending my parcel (AM of of the 22nd).

Happy New Year!