Saturday 19 December 2009

The Christmas Rush and Dr Who is on in 10 minutes!!!

Well, I didn't expect it, to get so caught up in getting ready for Christmas that I haven't been on here in over a week! I feel so terrible, I have the advent tour to go catch up on. And, in 25 minutes, the premiere of Dr Who The Waters of Mars - which looks seriously scary and creepy and we are all so excited in the house that the kids are asking every few minutes how much longer to go.........

I have very good news to report from the doctor, the health scare I had has turned out to be just that. I think I am still exhaling from this very long period of tests and wondering what lay next. I am so relieved, of course, and I also have begun to do some thinking about what I do in my life, and what I would like to be doing. My life is close to what I've always wanted, except that I have little time for writing, and I haven't seen the way to where I can fit it in. I just know I have to! I thank all of you who have been thinking of me and hoping all would turn out all right, because your support did, and does, mean a lot. This may be cyberspace, but each of us writing is real, and you have all touched me with your concern and love. Thank you!!

We have been busy doing Christmas things, and so, in lieu of words, here is how we spent last Sunday: Dr Who is on! So no commentary, just enjoy the pictures, and hope you are celebrating Christmas preparations too.




12 comments:

Eva said...

Awww! My niece and I are decorating a gingerbread house tonight. :D

Susan said...

HI Eva! I hope you post some pictures of yours! We had fun, and now the kids get to pick some candy from it every day.

Gavin said...

So glad the health thing turned out okay! I am envious about Dr. Who, guess I'll have to wait for the DVD.

And your Gingerbread Houses are lovely!

Anonymous said...

Great news from the doctor! Stopped in to comment on the pics. Love it! We did this last year and had a blast.

Susan said...

Gavin: thank you! Do you get America? It should be on there sometime, I think. Or on the internet on Space Channel - they put them online once they've aired on television. The Gingerbread houses are so full of candy! lol

J. Kaye: thank you! It is, isn't it? And the gingerbread houses - this is the second year I've tried to do them, and I'm so glad nothing fell down this year!! Last time was a disaster.....

Anonymous said...

So glad the health issues are cleared up, that must be a huge relief! And Waters of Mars what did you think?
Lovely ginger bread fun.

Susan said...

Bookpusher: I'll do a post on Waters of Mars after tomorrow's advent calendar day tour. Very interesting!!! and thanks for the thoughts! I know you were one. It is a huge relief. The gingerbread houses were fun this year!!

DesLily said...

Oh Susan! I am so happy your health problems turned out to be ok!!! I am more than happy for you and your family for it turning out this way! Indeed you are having a wonderful holiday from it all!..

great looking gingerbread houses..and great looking kids too!

Have a wonderful Christmas !!!!

Susan said...

Deslily: thank you so much! It is good to have good news, for a change, isn't it? And my kids are lovely, thank you, too! :-D although very very excited Christmas and Holly-Anne's birthday are almost here.....Happy holidays to you too!

Cath said...

Wonderful photos! And wonderful news re your health.

I hope you enjoyed Dr. Who? I thought that one was brilliant. Can't wait for Christmas day's episode!

Susan said...

Cath: I have to do a review of the Dr Who still. The list for posts is growing!!! but yes, Water on Mars was really very good. We've watched it several times now, even the youngest who is fascinated by the water dripping and the monster faces. It's dark and disturbing too, this episode, at the end.....must do this post!!! what did you think of the Christmas Day one? we see it on Jan 2, can hardly wait!!!

Happy New Year, Cath! and thanks too - yes, it is good news, about my health, it has been very relaxing holidays after this long long year.

Cath said...

Susan, I really liked the Christmas Day Dr. Who. I won't say too much as you have yet to see it but it was incredibly exciting. It's so sad that DT is leaving the show. Pity the poor chap who's taking over as he has a lot to live up to.