I thought I had linked to this, but going to Dewey's site, who is hosting this challenge this year, I see that oops, I hadn't yet. So, here is my list for the Man Booker Prize (maybe I have a previous post to this? I thought I did). Here are the rules:
"To participate in the Man Booker Challenge, you just choose 6 books that have won the Man Booker Prize, or have been shortlisted or longlisted. They can be from any year. The challenge will run from January to December 2008. When you’ve made your list, please leave the link to your post in the comments."
My list is:
- The Bookshop - Penelope Fitzgerald - 1978 - DONE
- The Famished Road - Ben Okri - Winner 1991
- Midnight's Children - Salman Rushdie - Winner 1981
- True History of the Kelly Gang - Peter Carey - Winner 2001
- (Alternate) -Vernon God Little - DBC Pierre - Winner 2003
- Jonathan Strange and Mr Norrell - Susanna Clarke (2004) - DONE
- Black Swan Green - David Mitchell (2006)
- Possession - A.S. Byatt (winner, 1990)
I am really curious if I will enjoy these, as I tend to like mysteries and fantasy reading more. I will post as I read these!