Another book challenge I joined ages ago, and thought I had signed up for, but somehow......did not. *sigh* so, here is another blog to link me to my books, and to the challenge site!! MizB
at the TBR challenge site is hosting this year's. I can't believe I didn't check before to see that I was listed!!! Here are the rules, for anyone who wants to join a fun challenge that lets us read books we have had for a long time and just never got around to reading:
"For this challenge you should....
** Pick 12 books - one for each month of 2008 - that you've been wanting to read (that have been on your "To Be Read" list) for 6 months or longer, but haven't gotten around to.
** OPTIONAL: Create a list of 12 "Alternates" (books you could substitute for your challenge books, given that a particular one doesn't grab you at the time)
** Then, starting January 1, 2008, read one of these books from your list each month, ending December 31, 2008. :o)
(for more information, please read the challenge FAQs)
By the end of the year you should've knocked 12 books off of your TBR list! (of course, if you're anything like me, you'll have added *at LEAST* 12 more to the ever-growing pile by then! LOL).
The good news is, though, that you'll be making some progress! ;o) "
My list for the TBR challenge:
- Tarot For Yourself - Mary K. Greer * (888 Nonfiction)
- Plant Dreaming Deep - May Sarton - DONE
- When God Was A Woman - Merlin Stone
- Adventures in the Screen Trade - William Goldman
- The Hero with a Thousand Faces - Joseph Campbell - DONE
- The Innkeeper's Song - Peter S. Beagle (Mythopoeic)
- Over Sea, Under Stone - Susan Cooper * (888 Fantasy) - DONE
- A History of Reading - Alberto Manguel * (Canadian Book ) DONE
- Birthday Letters - Ted Hughes (Birthdays)
- Ulysses - James Joyce * (888 Classics)
- The Bookshop - Penelope Fitzgerald *(888 Books I've been meaning to read) - DONE
- Chasing Shakespeares - Sarah Smith * (Shakespeare)
*****Alternates: added July 2008
Beowulf - Penguin Classics - DONE
Fire and Hemlock - Diana Wynne Jones - DONE
Middlemarch - George Eliot