Saturday 31 May 2008

Heather's meme, Indiana debate...

I have been suffering from asthma most of this week, due to a cold my son and I shared last week, so I'm not writing much tonight, just pointing out some fun things I've found on line. I promise to return tomorrow, when hopefully not going to work will leave me with more energy. Breathing is good!

Heather at Errant Dreams has a great book meme. 1.who is your all-time favourite author? 2.Who was your favourite author, and why? Do you still consider him or her among your favourites? 3.Who's the most recent addition to your favourite authors, and why? 4.If someone asked you who were your favourite authors right now, which authors would pop out of your mouth first? Are there any you'd add on further reflection? I will do it myself tomorrow, but it's really late tonight, and I thought I'd give the link to any of you Gentle Readers looking for a fun book meme to do. Please let me - and Heather! - know if you do it, I'd be really interested in your answers! And I will do it tomorrow......and Nymeth has done a wonderful response, worth checking out to see what she says about Neil Gaiman. I love how she phrases why she loves his writing.
Over at Carl's blog, there is a raging debate going on in the comments on the new Indiana Jones movie. I wrote about it in my last blog, and left a comment on Carl's post as well. I am in the minority in that i liked it. I went in expecting a movie with fun and adventure, and that's what I got. The problem with 'franchise' movies, is the longer between movies, the greater our expectations, I think. Anyway, many are disappointed, and there are some very, very good points raised on Carl's post and comments, so if you're up for a debate, go check it out.
And, I have a very big thank you to go to Carl, and Kim at Bold.Blue.Adventure, because the books I won last month in their contests arrived this week! House of the Spirits by Isabel Allende is now sitting on my 1% challenge pile, and Horns and Beams looks fun - a children's fairy tale book by a Mississippi author, along with the postcard, tiny cat card, and delightful button. I will read Horns and Beams this summer - I have two challenges to finish in June, first! and let you all know how I like it. In the meantime, thank you very much, Carl and Kim. I am thrilled to have won something, and as we all know, books in the mail! I love opening parcels with books in them! thank you! and to all you out there who think you can't win, I'm living proof you can, since I have won in contests exactly the same amount (twice) over the course of my life, as I just won now, so you can too!!
I am going to go think of my favourite authors now, and see if I can come up with a stunning answer like Nymeth did!! Happy reading, everyone!

5 comments:

Ana S. said...

Aww Susan, thank you. I'm glad you liked my answer. I can't wait to read yours, and I bet it will be stunning!

"The problem with 'franchise' movies, is the longer between movies, the greater our expectations, I think."

This is a good point. I'm sorry to hear about your asthma...I hope you feel better soon!

Bybee said...

OK, we're not perfect twins...I don't have asthma. Sorry to hear you've been sick.

I have also been thinking about the favorite author post...I love to tell people about Don Robertson because he was so obscure, but Anne Tyler is the one I run right out and buy in hardcover and reread. hmmmm.....I think I know what you might say for your favorite, but I'm going to wait and hear it from you....no pressure to hurry! Take care...

heather (errantdreams) said...

I'm looking forward to reading your answers to the meme... and sympathies on the asthma. That's never fun! (Mine's mild, but definitely not enjoyable.)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.