Wednesday 23 January 2013

What kind of garden are you?




You Are an English Garden



You are creative and vibrant. You are inspired by everything around you, and you don't have any one style.

You like a mix of old and new. And you always have something unique to add to the equation as well.



You are informal, open-minded, and flexible. You love to play around with art and design.

You tend to change things up a lot. Whether it's your own clothes or your home, you can't stay with one look for long!



I'm delighted, I love English gardens!  I saw it on Kittling Books, so I have to give Cathy credit for her post.  Anything with a garden is cheering me up this week.  It is so very cold outside, -24c as I write this tonight.  No, -25c now.  Going down to -32c when I step outside to put the kids on the bus tomorrow morning and head for work.  Brrr.  I'm supposed to be a hardy Canadian, but really, I'm waiting for spring to start!  Gardens,, plants, anything green - are a real balm to my soul in our long winters. 

7 comments:

Stefanie said...

I'm and English garden too!

Anonymous said...

I took the quiz and I am a Wildflower Garden. Laid back and don't like to make plans sort of thing. English Garden suits you to a cup of tea!

Anonymous said...

An English Garden suits you to a cup of tea! I am a Wildflower Garden; don't like to make plans and what will be will be. Of course I'd go nuts with a real wildflower garden ~ John put one in once and I finally tore it up and put in tidy bushes instead!

The Willoughby Book Club said...

We're wildflowers! ('wild' would actually sum up the garden...)

Susan said...

Stefanie: they are lovely too, aren't they? I need roses in any garden I have, and cone flowers and peonies and butterfly bushes.....lol

Patricia: Hey, welcome back! lol How are you a wildflower garden? I guess you don't like to make plans (hence all the surprise visits). I had to laugh because the garden I have does have some natural wildflowers in it - I'm building a butterfly and bee garden :-) Of course it's not very wild looking, but one day I hope to have a corner of just wildflowers. Are you still interested in gardening?

The Willoughby Bookclub: you too, like my sister above! and do you mean wild because it's just all growing naturally? lol ie what the wind blows in.....sometimes they can be fun.

Emily Barton said...

I, too, am an English Country Garden. I just hope someone else is taking care of me, since I'm a terrible gardener, and I know how much work goes into English Country Gardens!

Susan said...

Emily: lol!!! Bob is taking good care of you :-) and English gardens are serenely lovely, like you are :-) It was a fun quiz, wasn't it?

I think I need to see some green growing things soon, this cold snowy winter is starting to get too white and cold.